Vintage Christmas Program – 12/16/12
Find your self in His Story: His Light shines in the Darkness
Review: we began our series showing through prophecies given and fulfilled that God has a divine plan for humanity as a whole, but individually God has a plan as well.
Our key scripture
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Then we looked at some prophecies surrounding the birth of Christ, which are often mentioned in the Christmas story.
The Christmas story was to inspire hope that as sure as all the prophesies have come to pass about Christ is as sure as God wants to be in our life. As God had a unique plan for Christ, God has a unique plan for our lives. We are not to take up space rather we each have a radius of influence that is connected to our unique purpose.
To walk in Gods unique plan for our lives it requires us to believe He has a plan, cooperate with the Great Planer and spend time with the Planner! When we receive Christ His plan for our lives unfolds. God invites us to be apart of His story- to walk in a unique plan for our lives.
Many times we go about our lives not aware of our purpose our lives are filled with regret, disappointment, hurt, and even unbelief. Jesus came to shed light on our darkness.
Jesus came to shed light on our darkness
The prophet Isaiah, some 700 years earlier, prophesied that Jesus would be a great light in the region of Galilee:
Isaiah 9:2 (NIV)
In Galilee of the Gentiles. The people who walked in darkness. Have seen a great light; Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, Upon them a light has shined.
In Jesus day He entered the same kind of humanity as today; broken, hurting, hopeless. His light shed on their darkness and made room for healing. In that healing many began to walk in the plan of God for their lives.
The characters that we often hear about in the Christmas season are very real with the same issues that we have today. God had a plan for their lives. It was prophesied 700 of years earlier by the prophet Isaiah, that a virgin would give birth to the promised savior. Mary was chosen for God’s unique plan for humanity. In her accepting the plan, she stepped into the plan perfectly suited for her. However she was not prepared for the deep rejection she would experience. In the middle of the plan, God had to shine light on her darkness.
Monologue of Mary (in video)
Mary had to overcome rejection on so many levels and so do we…. Rejection is apart of our lives.
Today Jesus wants to shed light on many of us who have experienced the darkness of rejection:
• It produces deep insecurity and fear. Then we make choices out of that fear which many times end up hurting us again.
• It paralysis our ability to go forward: we see through tinted glasses
• It effects our connection to people…..which if we don’t connect we cant fulfill God’s plan of God
• Samaritan woman
• Psalm 68:4-6(NKJ)
Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His name YAH, And rejoice before Him.5 A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, Is God in His holy habitation. 6 God sets the solitary in families; He brings out those who are bound into prosperity; But the rebellious dwell in a dry land.
• 1. Father to those who have been rejected by their fathers
• 2. A defender to the widow left desolate
• 3. Those who are lonely He sets in families
• 4. He brings the bound and imprisoned into prosperity (joy)
Today It’s time to let the light of Jesus to shine in the dark areas of rejection. Will you let the light in? Will you let God’s plan be fulfilled in your life?
There is another character in the Christmas story, by whom God had a unique plan for; Joseph Mary’s soon to be husband. In the middle of one the most joyous season of life- engagement- Joseph experienced what many of us have experienced- betrayal. God wants so shine His light in the dark areas of betrayal.
MONOLOGUE of Joseph (in video)
Deep level of betrayal in Joseph
• Mary was pregnant out of wedlock
• A disgrace punishable by stoning
• How could she do this? How could I, a God fearing man, be in such a position? This is unimaginable. This hurts to the core. I’m betrayed by the one closest to me.
• The only reason we know how Joseph felt, isn’t because of the many scriptures defining it here, it’s because we’ve been there. We’ve felt it.
• Betrayals: abuse from a father, coworker positioning, friend-backstabbing, etc.
• We’ve been betrayed, hurt, and sometimes even put it away in the darkness as far away from our memory as possible. We never want to be hurt again.
• Truth is…it will not truly go away in this way.
• Hebrews 4:16 AMP- happened in Joseph’s story, and can in yours too
• It says that was the appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when we need it. This is exactly what happened for Joseph, and its in your story as well.
• Joseph needed this as do we. Matthew 1:20 states that an angel showed up, just when he needed it most.
God offers opportunity for healing
• Hebrews 4:14,15 AMP
• Inasmuch then as we have a great High Priest Who has [already] ascended and passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession [of faith in Him]. For we do not have a High Priest Who is unable to understand and sympathize and have a shared feeling with our weaknesses…, but One Who has been tempted in every respect as we are, yet without sinning.
• Jesus is able to understand and He sympathizes. He is our High Priest and He is able. But sometimes, we have to find ourselves in the story. Sometimes we have to shed light on those dark betrayals that have hurt us so badly.
James betrayal story
• Served this couple, their three kids for nearly 3 years. Ups and downs, issues, good and bad…much more bad than good. Held them together like glue. Every issue, any hour of the night.
• One day everything changed. They separated and pointed fingers everywhere but at themselves. I was hurt. But, I covered it. I hid it in the darkness. I’m bigger than this hurt. I pushed it aside. Buried it.
• I found though that it wouldn’t go away. I started pulling back from others. Waiting to get hurt again rather than trying to help others.
• It was taking me out one day at a time.
• I was probably 99% right, but this time it wasn’t about being right…it was about the hurt of betrayal being so very wrong for me to hold on to. It was in the dark, reproducing.
• When others would show the same signs, I would retreat and back away. I knew what that felt like, and I didn’t want that again. It was holding my forward progress back.
• The only way to solve it was to bring it back out in the open. The betrayal had to be brought back out into the light…where Jesus could take care of it for me.
• It was in view. It hurt. But it was the only way to get past it. I found that I could trust again and serve fully. I was able to release it, the light shined in the land of darkness where I had put it. I was free.
• This is where I found myself in the story. And Jesus came through just like He promised.
Our hurts don’t really lessen when we hide them away. They may lay quiet, but in the dark is where they continue to thrive and grow.
• Not just in history, but in His-story
Similar to bacteria, it thrives in the dark. It grows and grows and ends up taking over whatever it is on or in.
• UV light is absorbed by DNA. The light causes mutations in the DNA. Organisms damaged by UV light are unable to continue to make the proteins which keep them alive and allow them to reproduce.
• They have to get exposed. They have to be brought into the light, not to live, but to die.
• We all have things that we’ve hidden away. Secretly put aside…into the dark. The problem is that it’s actually gaining energy instead of dying. It’s been wrecking you, and you didn’t even know it.
Betrayal of Jesus – Judas walked with him 3 years
• He is acquainted to our weaknesses
• Isaiah 53:3 AMP – He was despised and rejected and forsaken by men, a Man of sorrows and pains, and acquainted with grief and sickness; and like One from Whom men hide their faces He was despised, and we did not appreciate His worth or have any esteem for Him.
• Jesus has been there. So He knows exactly what you need in this season of your life.
• Surrender those areas of betrayal and rejection today. This might feel painful. You might know what it is in your life that is being pointed at today, but you don’t want it in the light. The light, like UV, will take care of it once and for all. Put it into the light…Turn it over to Jesus and surrender.
• Surrender the hurt, betrayal, rejection, life…
o God has a plan for your life….will you surrender your plans, your dreams, your pain for His plan?
Song: surrender (in video)
My 6 yr old niece had a brain bleed at birth followed by a 12-day hospitalization, observations, and no complications for years. She has recently experienced what our doctors and family are calling episodes where she becomes “non-responsive temporarily”, then snaps out of it and is fine.
It really matters what teaching you’re under…because in the past I would have simply cried in fear, but now we’re learning to speak the Word in the authority we’ve been given. So, this time when I got the call I proclaimed victory in healing over my niece.
When I spoke with my mother, my niece’s grandmother, I told her I needed her to agree with me and speak the Word over her. To simply keep saying “By Jesus stripes my niece is healed”. She agreed to do it and then asked where she could find that verse in the Bible (I Peter 2:24).
I was so blown away, that my own mom was not aware of one of the most important verse in the Bible. She was raised in a church and is still a regular member to this day, but yet when you’re not being taught how to use the authority given to you through God’s Word, you are defenseless.
I know God’s hand is moving in my whole family, as he’s turned even this trial into a chance to get closer to us. By His stripes, my niece is healed!
Believe, Thank, Receive vlog testimony
Hearing from God for yourself vlog testimony:
I’m overwhelmed … I’m so happy Life Christian Church is here, and I get to be part of it. In the past I have been to some amazing churches, but I have never had this kind of teaching that develops my relationship with God. I’m driving with the radio off, saying “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus” and just talking with the Father, a lot of thanking. I’m approaching jobs and praying for God to go ahead of me and make the job smooth, have the customer find favor with me. When I get in a jam, I reject it, I said ” God your going to have to deal with this because I’m handing this over to you, ” I’m praying for needs, thanking God for meeting them, and dancing and praising Him for the victory. All tools that I have been equipped with from L.C.C. and even though I’m not consistent & I have my moments. I’m becoming more consistent as I start my day in the Word and keep my mind on Him and seeing the results of my relationship with God growing and the results are life changing. I’m living! I have life to the abundance! for real!
So my 8 year old Son asked me last week, “Dad, can I have a new Bible?” !!! how awesome is that! He said he wanted a children’s Bible like they have in his class, (apparently his has too many pictures) . We were out so I stopped right away at the book store, my wife suggested that he could use one of my many Bibles. But I was so happy, when your son asked you for a new Bible, for me you run and get it. That was a great moment for me.
My 8 year old has some kind of fund raiser going on in his class at school. So he decided he would bring in his piggy bank and give all his money. This was about $60 , he was saving for a new video game. I let him do it, he took it to school, the teacher asked him if he was sure, three times and he said yes. I was so proud of him. We told him how happy we were and surprised him with a nice gift. Our son has always had a good heart, but I have noticed a Godly character being developed, that I cannot take full credit for. ( I’m hoping some of it is from me! lol).
Life Christian Church is helping my whole family see all that God has in store for us. Thank God for you!
Rescue – the robe - click here for video
“your robe of financial breakthrough is complete”
- Review: whip, crown, spear…
- He came to Rescue us from everything negative on earth. Physical healing, mental healing, relational healing, and today we move on to the robe.
- Cast lots for the robe
- John 19:24 NKJV – They said therefore among themselves, Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be, that the Scripture might be fulfilled which says: They divided My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots. Therefore the soldiers did these things.
- Psalm 22:18 NKJV- They divide My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots.
- Commentary: yet some have observed that the reason why the soldiers would not rend Christ’s coat was not out of any respect to Christ, but because each of them hoped to have it entire for himself. And so many cry out against separation, only that they may engross all the wealth and power to themselves.
- They didn’t understand that the statement of the robe was much more valuable than the robe itself. They were looking at the fast food type increase from the event. But, Jesus was making a much bigger statement…
- There was something special about that robe
- The robe was also called a “mantle“. You’ll see as we continue that this was the mantle that Jesus passed to us. He was dismantled, so you could take His mantle. The mantle of financial breakthrough is yours.
- There were 4 robes that Jesus wore. We’ll focus on the last for a second. It was put on Him by Pilot. It was purple. The color of royalty.
- Emperor Aurelian refused to let his wife buy a purpura-dyed silk garment, as it cost its weight in gold!
- After Rome fell, the color purple was distorted and they found cheaper ways to produce a similar color. But, Jesus wore the ultimate. He was stripped from the ultimate, so you could have the ultimate!
- In Exodus, the color purple was used for the adornment of the tabernacle. The House of God. Jesus shows it on His body, the House of God. Now, you carry it on the Temple of the Holy Spirit. You! You are meant for the ultimate financial breakthrough!
It’s time to look further than our present circumstances and struggles. “Well James, maybe I was just meant to struggle to pay my bills, maybe I was just categorized here so that I can witness to others like me.”. No, you were meant to have a testimony of breakthrough into a new category. You were meant to take that testimony to others that are stuck in the spot that you were in. Your mantle of financial breakthrough is complete. Jesus laid down the ultimate, so that you could have the ultimate testimony.
- It was seamless, and even the soldiers didn’t want to rip it
- They must have heard of the hem healing the woman
- They must have wanted the whole robe to sell, because even they saw the value in a robe without seams.
- Without a seam, it would rip and not have partial value. It was complete without being able to be divided.
- He was rendered naked, so that we could be clothed
- He was clothing us with His unclothing
- He was stating another fact: you don’t have to go without, because I did.
“your robe of financial breakthrough is complete.” Instead of looking at your present situation, look further into the future of what Jesus conquered for you. Your financial breakthrough already has an account number. The funds are already there. The investment in this account was already wired.
- Story of the well known rapper
Your financial breakthrough is complete.
Financial breakthrough – the seams have to be removed
- There are four seams that are found in a lot of our garments. We add them ourselves, but they can be removed.
- Budgeting, speak the Word, giving, and speaking positive words
- I want to walk through these one by one, because the enemy tries to convince us that we still have seams. That we can still be pulled apart.
- Jesus made a lasting impression on His way to the cross. You don’t have to have seams that can fray or be pulled apart.
- Budgeting, speak the Word, giving, and speaking positive words
- Your seams are showing. If you don’t budget, your seams is where your garment will fall apart.
- Proverbs 27:12 MSG – A prudent person sees trouble coming and ducks; a simpleton walks in blindly and is clobbered.
- Proverbs 21:20 NKJV – There is desirable treasure, And oil in the dwelling of the wise, But a foolish man squanders it.
- I look at the governmentand wonder how they keep it all together. Some may say they don’t. I believe there is a reason.
- There are too many seams. There are too many objectives that have to be met. These objectives get attention when there is a squeaky wheel, and money is funneled to them. If you don’t take a look at what will be hindered, it seems like a good idea and a necessity, but it will hinder something else that is also important.
- You’ve allowed too many seams. Too many priorities. You’ve been pulled apart, it’s time to put it all together.
Your robe of breakthrough is complete
2. Speaking the Word
- The story of Abraham and the sand and stars
- Christ has redeemed me from the curse of the law. Christ has redeemed me from poverty. The blessing of Abraham is mine. (Galatians 3:13 and Deuteronomy 28)
- For poverty He has given me wealth. (2 Corinthians 8:9)
- I delight myself in the Lord and He gives me the desires of my heart. (Psalms 37:4)
- There is no lack for my God supplies all of my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
- The Lord has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant, which is me. (Psalms 35:27)
- Speaking the Word gets our perspective back in line. Speaking the Word takes down the highway a couple of exits. Speaking the Word gets us out of the trees, so we can see the forest.
Your robe of breakthrough is complete
- Growing Good Corn
- The story of the Nebraska farmer
- You’ve thought it was a necessity for success to keep it all to yourself, but you’ve hindered your own crop.
Your robe of breakthrough is complete
The old donkey “Tommy”
- Story of the old donkey that pulled the man free
- You’ve felt like you’re out there alone, but He became poor so you would have your needs met. You’re not out there alone.
Your robe of breakthrough is complete
- You are not who the enemy says you are. You are not able to be pulled apart. You are a finance magnet. You are equipped with a seamless robe of breakthrough from above.
- Testimony: I just heard a testimony last week from one of the guys in our prayer circle on Thursdays. We started praying a month ago. The last time I heard of the issue, it still wasn’t answered. There were 8 days left to pay these few thousands of dollars. We continued to pray.
- Pastor Sarah frequently says, “God is never early but He’s always on time.” This week, the gentleman showed up to prayer and told me the scenario.
- He was heading out after prayer to pay this bill. God showed up just in time. It took faith and effort, but God made good on His Word. That bill was paid!
Your robe of breakthrough is complete.