Words Matter Series: “Meditate the Word”
By: Pastor Tracy
Review: continuing our series…..We’ve been sharing on how creative words are. God used words to create the world and gave us the same creative ability. Words have the ability to shape matter. The most powerful word coming our of our moth is the Word of God.
Today are going to talk about the prosperity that comes through meditating the Word.
Psalm 1:1-3 (NKJ)
Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night.3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.
- The friends we choose determine at large the extent ones destiny and success in life
Meditate (hagah): imagine, meditate, mourn, mutter, roar, X sore, speak, study, talk, utter. Say, Study, Think; to mutter to oneself
- Cow chewing the cud: he feeds swallows then brings it up again getting more nutrients out of the food.
- Meditate means to chew on Gods word getting all the supply necessary out of it
Tree planted…. Constantly nourished,
- When we meditate we are constantly staying connected to God’s supply and getting nourished
It brings forth fruit in it’s season; leaf does not wither
- When we meditate it gives us staying power while we wait for fruit!
Whatever he does shall prosper
- When we meditate it leads to prosperity
Prosper: tsalach to advance, prosper, make progress, succeed, be profitable
- Meditation plants you in the soil of God’s supply
- Meditation produces action for we follow our Words
- Examples: “I’m self controlled and alert”
1 Timothy 4:13-15
13 Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. 14 Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership. 15 Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress (KJ version says profiting) (furtherance, advancement, profiting) may be evident to all.
- What we do in secret-meditate- shows up in manifestation for all to see! Our profiting is seen by all!
- Meditating leads to prosperity or meditating leads to changing the matter in our lives
3 Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses. (30 kings in 7 years over through)4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon as far as the great river, the River Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your territory. 5 No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. 6 Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. 7 Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go
8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your MOUTH, but you shall meditatein it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
Observe: when you meditate it allows you to see; the seeing leads to doing or going tin the direction of success.
Retention: When you
- Hear we retain 10-20%
- Read we retain 20-40%
- Study we retain 40-60%
- Memorize we retain 60-80%
- Meditate we retain 80-100%- our minds get transformed here!!!!!
Bring it all together:
Meditating the words or saying the Word to yourself causes us to access God’s supernatural supply because the Word is living and active.
When we meditate:
- First our minds become transformed and persuaded that what is coming out of our mouth is true,
- We are allowing what we are saying to be created or manifest in this realm
- We are moving matter
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
Jesus said to say to the mountain: saying the word to the mountain causes doubt to flee and belief OR faith to come.
Saying in this scripture is active means you keep saying it.
The results of meditation: Joshua:
Joshua 24:29-31 (NKJ)
29 Now it came to pass after these things that Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of the Lord, died, being one hundred and ten years old. 30 And they buried him within the border of his inheritance at Timnath Serah, which is in the mountains of Ephraim, on the north side of Mount Gaash.
31 Israel served the Lord all the days of Joshua, and all the days of the elders who outlived Joshua, who had known all the works of the Lord which He had done for Israel.
- 80 years old still killing giants! Died 110
- He was buried in his land- Timnath Serah- abundant portion
- All Israel served the Lord all the days of Joshua’s life
For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield.
I can do all things through Christwho strengthens me.
And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth