Love is Stable
Sunday May 27th, 2012 Pastor Tracy
Intro: Last week, Pastor James talked about putting God into situations and this in one of the main ways we can overcome evil with Good.
God gives us His Love
Example of taking in all kinds of “attitude thoughts” then exploding! I kept taking in and taking in then I exported those thoughts through my mouth!
WHAT WE PUT IN COMES OUT
- Romans 5:5 (NIV)
And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit,who has been given to us.
God in His Grace gives us the Love to Love Him, ourselves and others. He gives/in-parts before we can export that love.
- Reasons love is poured out in our hearts:
- To love ourselves: “you love me with all that I’ve done”. Knowing he loves and believes in the potential He placed in me allows me to love me
- Love others
- To love God; unconditionally not just when things are going well.
- My experience with Mom telling me love was in me and then Francesca
- Love is not something we mentally ascent to; it’s an empowerment to live life full and to reflect Christ.
God is banking on His love flowing through us
Ephesians 3:14- (NKJ)
For this reason I kneel before the Father, What reason:
Ephesians 3:8-12 (NIV)
this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. 10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of Godshould be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God
- mystery: That now through Christ’s finished work on the cross God’s spirit can dwell in man making him born anew, man is forgiven and righteous….
- Manifold wisdom:
- James 3:17 (NKJ)
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy
- Paul as a driving desire to help everyone recognize their role in dispensing this great plan of God.
In order for God’s bold plan to be seen in us we would need what Paul was praying:
Ephesians 3:15-19 (NKJ)
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened(become might by His power) with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
grant: supply you with, bestow on you based on His unmerited favor
First: THAT he would strengthen, make strong, our inner being with His miraculous power in our inner being- IN-PARTATION!
THIS PRCOCESS BEGINS WITH AN IMPARTAION OF GOD’S PRESENCE
Second: THAT Christ may dwell in your heart (thoughts and feelings). God’s presence infuses our negative thoughts, feelings and perceptions
Third: THAT- you being rooted and grounded in unconditional love.
- What does it take to be rooted and grounded (lay the foundation stable)stay rooted; planting and watering
- Example when I tried to pull out a tree root
If we are rooted in this unconditional love we can THEN
- Comprehend- to grasp or lay hold of in the mind.
- To know which means to experience
- You first grasp it in order for others to experience it through you
- We experience another level of his love when use and express his love:
- We forgive or be kind to a person when they don’t deserve it
- Holding our tongue
- Covering a multitude of sin
- Bringing peace instead of strife
- As we continue these true acts of love, love gets developed- it becomes a way of life!
Example of the man I turned the cheek with
The Goal Ephesians 3:19 (NKJ)
Fourth: “that you may be filled with all the fullness of God”
Manifold wisdom Continued
James 3:14-18 (NKJ)
14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.
- Hearts: kardia
- Selfish ambition: a person who is concerned with their own welfare and therefore is ambitious, self-willed, self-seeking, looking for opportunities for promotion.
In other words when we cooperate with envy and selfish ambition we are
cooperating with our lower nature and are not pulling from supernatural love
16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.
- When we push for ourselves there is always disorder. When we push for others or the team there is always order
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
- Gentle: A character that is reasonable, fair, forbearing, moderate, considerate, opposite of being harsh, abrasive, sarcastic cruel or contentious.
- Willing to yield
Bring it back to 1 Cor. 13:5 (NKJ) does not behave rudely, does not seek it’s own, is not provoked, thinks no evil
The attributes of love cannot be displayed without an in-partiation of love. WE HAVE TO TAKE IT IN TO GIVE IT AWAY! It is an act of God’s grace to in-part love daily into us. We don’t have to earn it. God knows we need it to love and make known his ways.
It is easy to love lovely cooperating people! We have supernatural love when we are irritated, bothered, impatient, rude and easily provoked.
This all began because of the Blood of Jesus being spilled.