April 29, 2012 Pastor Tracy Boyd
Review: (we will bring three people up to explain the fall, restoration and where we are now)
- Prior to the fall mans spirit was one with God: connected to all God’s resources, had dominion on the earth. Adam was a ruler under God.
- After the fall God’s spirit was severed from the human spirit; this is called spiritual death. He was no longer: ruler of the earth he gave it to satan
Luke 4:6(NKJ) And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.
Who ever you listen to is whom you are submitted to. Adam and eve made decisions based on the sense realm alone no longer by their spirit that was now severed.
Gen 3:15 (NLT) And I will cause hostility between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring. He will strike your head, and you will strike his heel.”
- After Christ came and resurrected, Gods Spirit was now available again to dwell in man because the penalty for sin was paid for by Christ (this does not mean that we would no loner sin but that when we would make mistakes we would not be separated from God and His provision for victory). When we receive Christ our spirit becomes sinless because God’s spirit joins with it. It is God’s spirit in us that makes us sinless and in a place of constant forgiveness. This is where the scripture comes in where God says:
Hebrews 10:16-17(NKJ): I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”
Mom said that position ally it’s so, but experientially is another story. Generally our mind and our spirit are not in agreement that is why it takes our mind getting renewed with what God’s Word says.
God’s Word is what we use to enforce God’s ways in our life. Remember last week how P. Sarah said that Jesus authority was tied to Him using or speaking the Word (the temptation of Jesus; He said it is written). And so it is with us.
Purpose for Authority
The purpose as to why we have authority is to enforce God’s good plan and will for our life. There is an opposing resistance to the good things God has for us. If there wasn’t any opposition we would not need authority.
We have a police dept. to enforce the laws of the land because there are lawbreakers that resist doing things the right honorable way.
Authority is not based on strength but believing in what is backing you: lady in traffic.
Example: Jesus speaking to the storm; it was opposing God’s good plan/will Example of Gloria Copeland
He also told His disciples they had authority
Luke 10:19(NKJ) I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness
Message: he gave them power and authority to kick out evil spirits and tenderly care for the bruised and hurt lives
As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
He told them to go and heal the sick, cleanse the leper and raise the dead so that tells me sickness, early death, terminal illness opposes God’s good plan
We know we have authority over sickness because it was taken care of by Jesus when he took on stripes. So when sickness comes against us it is opposing the good plan of God for our lives we can resist it, apply the word and see it go. If I’m not persuaded I have authority, I get ripped off
Jesus became poor that we would be well supplied; its God’s good plan for me to be well supplied. If financial stress comes on us it is opposing the good plan of God for our lives we can resist it, apply the Word and see it go.
Our authority is tied to whom we are submitted to:
- As Adam listened and followed God’s voice he was in submission to God and could rule under Him
- When Adam listened and followed satan’s voice he came under satan’s ruler ship- who ever we listen to is mastering us.
- Jealousy: “That should have been yours…you deserve that”
- Disqualification: “You wont get that job”
- Infidelity: “Your wife doesn’t understand”
- Shame: “Your dad was a drunk, your grand dad was a drunk you will never amount to anything, just drink”
By default, we will respond by whatever is prevalent in our minds; if we don’t know our authority and what God says we automatically follow the negative influence.
1 Peter 5:8 (NKJ) Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.” Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
- Resists those who are self-reliant, but gives favor/aide to those who recognize their need of God and draw near to Him.
- Submit to God means to submit to His voice/ways
- Have and illness, want to exercise authority but have bitterness in our heart
- Have a financial issue, want to exercise authority, but have a spending problem
- It’s never God preventing break through; it is probably us not cooperating with His ways because we don’t know! So we get ripped off!
IT’S A FIXED FIGHT: We have stronger weapons to win; we have to be reminded
1 Peter 5:5-9
5 Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.” Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith